Late last week, Blizzard published the odds for loot box item drops for three of its big games in South Korea.
What's about to change in Overwatch? Keep up to date with our update tracker.
This follows May’s publication of loot box odds in China, to which the Korean odds are identical. This suggests that the odds are the same across all regions.
The translated odds are below (courtesy of InvenGlobal) along with forum links to Blizzard's announcements for each game.
- Each card pack will have at least one card of Rare or higher quality
- Approximately one in every five card packs will have an Epic card
- Approximately one in every 20 card packs will have a Legendary card
- Chances of obtaining a card of higher quality increase for every card pack that did not have an Epic or Legendary card
- One Loot Chest will contain approximately 2.9 Common items
- One Loot Chest will contain approximately one Rare item
- Approximately one in every 4.5 Loot Chests will contain an Epic item
- Approximately one in every 17.5 Loot Chests will contain a Legendary item
- Chances of higher rarity items will increase for every Loot Chest that did not contain an Epic or Legendary item – this does not apply to Loot Chests from events, the progression system, and rerolls
- Each Loot Box will have at least one item of Rare or higher quality
- Approximately one in every 5.5 Loot Boxes will have an Epic item
- Approximately one in every 13.5 Loot Boxes will have a Legendary item