What’s new in the latest CS:GO update? From new weapons and maps, to buffs and nerfs to the game’s core arsenal, here are all the latest changes to CS:GO.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other esports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we’re going to track the latest updates to the game in this post. Each time Valve make significant patches to the game, we will let you know what’s worth worrying about, what isn’t, and provide as full a changelog as we are able to.
Try one of the other best FPS out there if this isn’t enough change for you.
But before we crack on with the latest CS:GO update, we should mention that we’ll only be adding new patches as and when they are finally deployed to live servers. Anyway, on with the changelog.
CS:GO's latest version was released on June 12, 2018 and contains myriad minor tweaks to maps and gameplay.
- Reduced base damage of the CZ75a from 33 to 31 (a single shot is no longer lethal against an enemy who’s wearing a helmet)
- Increased reserve ammo for the M4A1-S from 40 to 60, to provide some additional utility without impacting brief fights
- Reduced price of the MP7 from $1700 to $1500
- Game servers will no longer print their public IP address in response to “status” command from clients
- Unsealed graffiti items can now be deleted
- Fixed a bug where looping sounds playing from dormant entities could play briefly before switching off
- Removed skybox limitations
- Updated some landmark art
- Lowered skill ceiling to get into apartments from T spawn
- Banked corner in hallway leading to A site scaffolding
- Removed ladder near entrance to apartments from T spawn, replaced with boxes
- Removed broken corner near van in bombsite B
- Improved visibility from T side of mid towards A connector (removed dark background door inside connector)
- Improved visibility from CT stairs towards T ramp in bombsite A (removed dark background door inside ramp)
- Disabled bullet collision on vertical fence columns in mid
- Removed wooden pillars at bottom of mid
- Fixed some player collision bugs
- Redesigned T approach to B site through alley, with split entrances
- Improved visibility of players against the scaffolding near A
- Removed ability to stand on top of door frame at CT stairs to B
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements