Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other esports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we’re going to track the latest updates to the game in this post. Each time Valve upgrades the game, we’ll let you know what’s worth worrying about, what isn’t, and provide as full a changelog as able.
If this isn’t enough change for you, try one of the other best FPS out there.
CS:GO's latest version went live yesterday, September 14th. Here's the breakdown:
This update applies the latest development in the ongoing pistols update, which aims to emphasise their more skilful use. This time, it's the turn of the Glock and the P250:
- Glock: slight adjustments favoring accurate players who close the distance to their opponent.
- Increased base damage
- Reduced damage at longer distances
- Slightly improved accuracy while firing rapidly
- Slightly improved accuracy while moving
- P250: the P250 has been adjusted to reward longer-distance engagements, particularly against unarmored opponents.
- Increased base damage
- Reduced armor penetration
- Improved damage at longer distances
- Reduced accuracy while moving
- Significantly reduced unarmoured aimpunch (flinch when hit).
- Added the Spectrum 2 Case, featuring 17 community designs. The rare special item will be the second generation of knives, in Chroma finishes.
CS:GO launched in China today through Valve's partnership with Perfect World (who threw quite a party). Here's how it's happening.
- The CS:GO Launcher can be downloaded from the official Perfect World website, or the game can be launched by Perfect World players using the
'-perfectworld' launch option after they have completed their Perfect World account registration.
- All Perfect World players with a valid, registered account who play CS:GO during the launch month will get a free gift package, which will include the following limited-time exclusive items:
- One sticker from the 'CS:GO Perfect World Sticker Capsule 1'
- One sticker from the 'CS:GO Perfect World Sticker Capsule 2'
- One graffiti from the 'CS:GO Perfect World Graffiti Capsule'
- After the promotional exclusivity period, in October, both sticker capsules and the graffiti capsule will be available for purchase worldwide.
- logaddress_add_http will automatically ignore duplicate entries.
Redditor Ganjiu has made a video comparing the new unarmoured flinch to the old version of the game, if you're interested. ESL have also announced that the previous '220.127.116.11' version of the game - without pistol changes - will be used for ESL One New York this weekend.