Dota 2 is celebrating its biggest-ever update and what is essentially a brand new game. Well, brand new games need patches, and there’s bound to be a whole bunch of them. Below we’ve gathered some highlights from the last few to be deployed, along with links to where you can find out more.
For playing yourself, try these Dota 2 heroes.
June 23: Qualifier prediction update
With the open qualifiers for this year's International about to kick off, players can now predict the winner of each qualifier to earn some Battle Pass points. Each correct prediction will earn you 500 points, with there being a total of 6000 points up for grabs.
Besides that, other highlights in this patch are:
- A Guardian Shell bug which allowed players to permanently keep a movement speed buff have been removed
- Broodmother's webs should no longer disappear if she is not visible
- Teleport effects have been updated
As always, all the details can be found over on the Reddit thread.
June 16: Immortal Treasure II update
A big economy update with this patch, with Valve adding the new Immortal Treasure II and Golden Treasure lootboxes. The following characters received new Treasures:
- Chaos Knight
- Treant Protector
- Keeper of the Light
- Elder Titan
Previews of all of these cosmetic items, as well as the other bugfixes and minor changes, can be found over on the Reddit thread.
June 13: Health bar patch
Health bar divisions are back, baby. Valve are spending big. Here's what else they're doing in this one:
- Added new hero health bars which display hero level. The emphasized thousands health bar ticks have been reactivated.
- Fixed a number of bugs with spectating Siltbreaker games.
- Fixed a bug with combining items which could cause items to incorrectly be placed into the backpack.
Read all about it, and see some lovely pix, on Reddit.
June 12: Siltbreaker balance patch
After a balance patch there was one more thing to do - keep Siltbreaker ticking over. A batch of changes were deployed to Dota's first single-player campaign, in general targeted at making it a touch harder.
You can read all of them in this Reddit thread.
June 11: Balance patch
After a lot of bug fixing patches, Valve have finally released a significant balance patch for Dota. It's good news for Monkey King, Leshrac and Tiny mains while Io, Bristleback and Crystal Maiden players may not be so happy. Here are the highlights:
- The mana cost on Crystal Maiden's Frostbite has increased by 35 at its base level.
- Bristleback has seen nerfs to his Strength and Warpath bonus damage.
- Echo Saber's slow duration has been increased from 0.6 to 0.7.
- The movement speed on Io's tether has been reduced by 3% at its base level.
There are changes to 33 heroes, so check out the official update page for all the juicy details.
Those are the last few Dota 2 patches - more are always on the way. We'll update when Valve do.