Dota 2 is celebrating its biggest-ever update and what is essentially a brand new game. Well, brand new games need patches, and there’s bound to be a whole bunch of them. Below we’ve gathered some highlights from the last few to be deployed, along with links to where you can find out more.
For playing yourself, try these Dota 2 heroes.
April 25 - Kiev patch
This patch mainly involves changes related to the Kiev Major, including a match ticker and details on each team competing in the major. Outside that, Keeper of Light has a new alias, being kotl.
More details are available on the Reddit thread.
April 24 - Pre-Kiev patch
No major gameplay changes here, but...
- New aliases for various heroes, including DOTA-names for Crystal Maiden and Storm Spirit, plus allowing Chaos Knight to be found as CK.
- Various UI and Battle Pass bits before Kiev.
- Removed the declaration of purchase of Observer & Sentry stack to Spectators.
- Fixed a bug with Lina's Fiery Soul displaying an incorrect duration when the effect is active while leveling up Fiery Soul.
The usual Reddit thread has more details.
April 21 - Localisation patch
Loads of tiny changes here, detailed on Reddit. Chinese Dota 2 is also getting various rapid changes.
April 20 - Matchmaking patch
April 19 - XPM patch
While there were some announcements on the Dota 2 blog about the future of the game, most notably here the Experience Per Minute stat became actually at-all useful. Deets:
- The XPM of characters will stop being calculated after they reach Level 25.
- The About section of each hero on the Loadout now has a Stats column that provides all the numerical info about the hero.
- Report grants now scale directly with the number of games played.
Normal Reddit thread has plenty of hand-wringing about Valve's announcements.
April 18 - Battle Pass update
Various changes to the Kiev compendium, including Wings Gaming officially changing their name as the pre-major drama continues.
- Wings has been renamed to Team Random.
- Ad Finem's name has been updated to mousesports.
- ex-Digital Chaos' name has been updated to Thunderbirds
- The dates of the group stages have been updated on the Fantasy Page.
Reactions in the usual Reddit thread.
Those are the last five Dota 2 patches - more are always on the way. We'll update when Valve do.