Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: August 4, 2017
PCGamesN are looking for a full-time hardware writer to join us in our UK headquarters in Bath. They will assist with the day-to-day running of the hardware side of PCGamesN.com.
We’re looking for someone with a solid working knowledge of PC gaming hardware and the ability to write clearly and concisely about the subject. You’ll need to test, benchmark, and push the latest tech to its limits, then write accurate reviews and interesting, informative features based on your findings. Your hardware knowledge will also allow you to pick the most relevant industry happenings to quickly react and write engaging news stories.
You’ll have an understanding of online publishing and SEO best practises as well as an analytical mind, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work to deadlines. Working with our hardware channel editor you will help ensure PCGamesN’s tech coverage is the best around.
In addition to being an entertaining, accessible, and informative writer, you will also need to be comfortable appearing on camera in our burgeoning hardware video content.
- Testing the latest PC gaming hardware accurately and reliably
- Writing review and feature content based on the data and experience of benchmarking the technology
- Selecting and creating engaging hardware news coverage
- Attending industry events, representing PCGamesN
- Interviewing industry figures
- Building and maintaining industry relationships
Required skills and experience
- Excellent writing ability
- In-depth knowledge of PC gaming hardware
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- The ability to cope with multiple deadlines and a heavy, fast-moving workload
- Hands-on experience of upgrading or building a PC
Desirable skills and experience
- 1+ years experience in a similar role
- CMS familiarity
- On-camera experience
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, detailing why you want to work at PCGamesN and what you think makes you the ideal candidate, along with some previous examples of your work, to [email protected]