League of Legends' next big content patch is 6.23, introducing Elementalist Lux, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. Have a look below for all the information we've got, straight from the PBE.
Want in? Here's the best League of Legends champions to start with.
LoL Patch 6.23 Release Date And Downtime
Patch 6.23 will hit live servers on Tuesday morning, with the servers going down for maintenance at 3am PT for NA, 5am UK for EUW, 3am CET for EUNE. That's a day earlier than normal, likely due to schedules heading into the winter break. Keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates for your region.
LoL Patch 6.23 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 6.23 Champion Changes
Akali - buffed
- Twin Disciplines (passive):
- Initial strike's healing AP ratio increased to 45% from 30%
- Second strike AP ratio increased to 65% from 50%
- Twilight Shroud (W):
- Energy cost increased to 60/55/50/45/40 from 80/75/70/65/60
- Crescent Slash (E):
- AD ratio increased to 80% from 70%
- AP ratio increased to 60% from 50%
Anivia - changed
- Crystallize (W):
- Cooldown decreased to 17 from 25 seconds
- Frostbite (E):
- Double damage effect now triggers if the target was hit by a fully formed Glacial Storm (R), instead of if they were slowed by Flash Frost (Q) or Glacial Storm.
- Frostbite (E) cooldown decreased to 4 seconds from 5 seconds.
- Glacial Storm (R):
- Time to fully form reduced to 1.5 seconds from 3 seconds
- Base damage reduced to 40/60/80 (+12.5% AP) from 80/120/160 (+25% AP)
- Fully formed storm changed to deal 300% damage
Evelynn - buffed
- Shadow Walk (Passive):
- Removed grey tint while Evelynn is camouflaged.
Katarina - buffed
- Shunpo (E)
- Now cancels movement commands when targeting a plant or enemy champion, stopping Katarina from wandering away.
Malzahar - changed
- Void Swarm (W):
- Mana cost decreates to 40 mana from 80
- Now works on a 20/19/18/17/16 recharge time and max of two stacks, instead of 20-16 second cooldown
- Voidling spawn on attack changed:
- If a Voidling has more than 9 seconds remaining, its first attack on a champion or monster spawns a new Voidling with the same time remaining.
- Voidlings now have 3 HP, spells or attacks taking away one
- Voidling physical damage increased to 30/35/40/45/50 + 40% of bonus AD, from 30/32.5/35/37.5/40% of total AD
- Voidling damage AP ratio increased to 20% from 10%
- Voidling detail changes:
- Deals 300% damage to lane minions affected by Malefic Visions (E)
- If target is afflicted by Nether Grasp (R) or Malefic Visions (E) and Malzahar is near, Voidling attack speed is increased by 100%
Shen - buffed
- Health grown increased to 85 from 73
- Armour growth increased to 3 from 2.6
Shyvana - changed
- Base health tweaked to 595 from 594.6
- Base health regen tweaked to 1.72 from 1.7188
- Fury of the Dragonborn (Passive):
- Renamed from "Dragonborn" and fully reworked to:
- Shyvana deals 10% more damage to dragons.
- Shyvana gains 5 Armor and Magic Resistance.
- Elemental drakes defeated by Shyvana or her allies grant her an additional 5 Armor and Magic Resistance.
- Total additional resistances listed on tooltip.
- Burnout (W):
- Dragon Form no longer leaves a flame trail, instead increases size to 350/365/380 based on rank (default size 325).
- Flame Breath (E):
- AP ratio decreased to 30% from 60%
- Missile speed decreased to 1575 from 1700
- Projectile now stops after hitting a champion.
- Dragon Form Effect removed and changed to:
- Flame Breath explodes on impact or at target location, dealing 100-200 (+30% AP) bonus magic damage and scorching 220/240/260 of earth for 4 seconds. Enemies on scorched earth take 60-120 (+20% AP) magic damage per second. Scales between levels 6 and 18.
- Dragon's Descent (R):
- Now grants 150/250/350 Health
- Damage decreased to 150/250/350 from 175/300/425
- Max range decreased to 850 from 950.
- Dragon form attack range increased to 175/190/205 from 175.
- Dragon form is 8/16% larger based on rank.
- Can no-longer be disabled or interrupted mid-flight.
Patch 6.23 Item Changes
Blade of the Ruined King - buffed
- Basic attack damage increased to 8% of target's current health from 6%
Guinsoo's Rageblade - buffed
- Now has +25% attack speed
Sterak's Gage - buffed
- Price decreased to 2600g from 2700g
Lord Van Damm's Pillager - buffed
- Price decreased to 3000g from 3300
- (Still only available on Twisted Treeline)
Patch 6.23 Jungle Changes
- Plants are now immune to crits and lifesteal.
- Crimson Raptor experience decreased from 65 to 15
- Lesser Krug experience increased from 5 to 15
Patch 6.23 recall camera
If Teleport or Recall is interrupted while casting, the camera will now snap to your champion's location.
LoL Patch 6.23 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
Elementalist Lux is the latest Ultimate-tier skin to be added to the game. Like the other Ultimate skins, it will cost 3250 RP, and drastically rework Lux's cosmetics. Unlike previous Ultimates, you can't freely swap between all of Elementalist Lux's different forms in a single game - you'll have to make choices.
Elementalist Lux gains elemental power by damaging enemy champions. After gaining enough power, Lux can master a new element, adding it to her current form. You start every game in Light form, and can unlock the option to add a new element twice. Your choices are Fire, Water, Air and Nature. When these base elements are combined with another at your second transformation, the combination unlocks one of the following completely new elements: Storm, Ice, Mystic, Magma and Dark.
Counting Light, that's ten different elemental forms in total, each with a unique skin, model, texture, particle effects, voiceover, animation sets and emotes. Here's how they all look:
Full details and images of each part of the skin over on [email protected].
3250 RP. Details from Riot.
Here's her splash:
In-client it will animate, as seen in this video:
LoL Patch 6.23 Elementalist Ward Skin
New skin set means new ward, and here's the Elementalist one. As you can see, it's a book. It will have different animations and effects based on Lux's ten new forms.
Price/availability unknown so far. Other details from Riot. Chances are you'll get it for free if you grab Elementalist Lux. Here's a video:
LoL Patch 6.23 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They're always fairly excellent, and 6.23's is no different, based unsurprisingly around Elementalist Lux:
League Client Update
The big update to the League client is now in beta testing form, with its very own trailer:
Full release will happen very soon. Full details in this FAQ.
Winter Summoner's Rift
Summoner's Rift is getting a snow reskin for the holiday season, and testing is taking place as part of this PBE cycle. There's a small gallery on the official forums and a much bigger one over on [email protected]. Here's the most important part though:
Yeaaaaaah. It's even got its own music:
Release is up for debate. Chances are December 1 will see it go wide, but PBE players can get access to it right now in any of the game modes. As you can imagine, Riot are looking for feedback on readability of various actions, trying to see if there's anything that gets a little hard to see once it's on white over green.
That's League of Legends patch 6.23 so far. We'll update as and when we get more info, or we'll see you for patch 6.24 in the very near future. Let us know below if there's any vital info we missed!