League of Legends' next big content patch is 7.2, reworking Warwick into a metal-clad murder machine, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. Nerfs still make up the bulk thanks to the big changes during pre-season. Have a look below for all the information we've got, straight from the PBE.
Want in? You'll need the best League of Legends champions.
LoL Patch 7.2 Release Date And Downtime
League of Legends patch 7.2 will be deployed on the morning of Wednesday, January 25 at 3am PST for NA, 5am UK for EUW and 3am CET for EUNE. As always, Riot's server status page will keep you updated.
LoL Patch 7.2 Warwick Champion Update
Patch 7.2 features a major rework of Warwick, calling him the Uncaged Wrath of Zaun. He's been upgraded with metal bits, basically, while still being the nastiest werewolf around. Here's the details:
- Base Damage: 58
- Damage Growth: 3
- Base Armor: 24.04
- Armor Growth: 3.2
- Magic Resist: 32.1
- Magic Resist Per Level 1.25
- Base HP: 550
- HP Growth: 85
- Base HP Regen: 0.75
- HP Regen growth: 0.15
- Base Mana: 280
- Mana Growth: 35
- Base Mana Regen: 1.4932
- Mana Regen Growth: 0.115
- Move Speed: 335
- Range: 125
- Attack Delay: -0.02
- Attack Speed Per Level: 2.3
Eternal Thirst (Passive):
- Warwick's basic attacks deal [8 + 2 per level] bonus magic damage.
- If Warwick is below 50% health, he heals the same amount.
- If Warwick is below 25% health, this healing triples.
Jaws of the Beast (Q):
- Mana cost: 50/60/70/80/90
- Cooldown: 6 seconds
- Warwick lunges forward and bites his target. While the key is held down, he will lock on to the target then leap behind them.
- On release, deals [120% total AD + 90% total AP] plus 6/7/8/9/10% of your target's maximum health as magic damage (applies On Hit effects). Heal 30/40/50/60/70% of damage dealt.
- While locked on, Warwick is connected to the target and follows any movement they make.
Blood Hunt (W):
- Warwick gains 50/65/80/95/110% attack speed against enemies below 50% health.
- He also senses low health champions globally, moving 35/40/45/50/55% faster toward them when out of combat.
- These bonuses are tripled against enemies below 20% health.
- Mana cost: 70
- Cooldown: 120/105/90/75/60 seconds
- Warwick briefly senses all enemies. The nearest sensed champion is Blood Hunted for 8 seconds. Cast only while not in combat with a champion.
- While no enemies are being hunted, Blood Hunt cools down twice as fast.
Primal Howl (E):
- Mana cost: 40
- Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
- Warwick gains 35/40/45/50/55% damage reduction for 2.5 seconds.
- At the end of the duration, or if activated again, Warwick howls, causing all nearby enemies to flee for 1 second.
Infinite Duress (R):
- Mana cost: 100
- Cooldown: 110/90/70 seconds
- Warwick leaps 2.5 seconds worth of movement speed in a direction, suppressing the first champion he collides with for 1.5 seconds.
- Deals 175/350/525 (+ 167.5% bonus AD) magic damage and applies on-hit effects 3 times.
- Warwick heals for 100% of all damage he deals during Infinite Duress.
Here's what all that looks like in action:
Here's his new voiceover via [email protected], including some rather referential lines you may recognise (27 seconds for the best):
As always, there's also a load of new lore to go with Warwick's rework. [email protected] have a full rundown/
LoL Patch 7.2 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 7.2 Champion Changes
Akali - buffed
- Shadow Dance (R):
- AP ratio increased to 35% from 25%
Darius - nerfed
- Hemorrhage (Passive):
- Noxian Might bonus AD decreased to [30-200] from [40-200].
- Decimate (Q):
- Handle hit damage decreased to 35% from 50%
Gragas - buffed
- Base armor increased to 29 from 26
- Happy Hour (Passive):
- Heal increased to 6% of max health from 4%
Katarina - nerfed
- Shunpo (E):
- AD ratio decreased to 50% from 65%
Lulu - buffed
- Pix, Faerie Companion (Passive):
- Damage increased to 15-117 [Levels 1-18] from 9-105.
- Damage increases every level, rather than every two levels.
- Glitterlance (Q):
- Mana cost decreased to 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/65/70/75/80
Master Yi - buffed
- Double Strike (passive):
- Second hit will now strike a nearby target if the first hit kills the initial target.
- Meditate (W):
- New, added effect: "In addition, Master Yi will gain stacks of Double Strike and pause the remaining duration on Wuju Style and Highlander for each second he channels."
- Now grants one stack of Double Strike per second channeled.
Nidalee - changed
- Base health increased to 540 from 511.2
- Bushwhack (W):
- Traps are now invisible - can be found and destroyed. Disabled by control wards.
- Traps have six health, with melee hits doing three damage and ranged hits doing two.
- Destroying traps grants 10 gold.
- Now only 4/6/8/10 (at levels 1/6/11/16) traps may be active at once.
- Primal Surge (Human E):
- Minimum base heal value increased to 35/55/75/95/115 from 25/45/65/85/105
- Maximum base heal value increased to 70/110/150/190/230 from 50/90/130/170/210
Yasuo - changed
- Sweeping Blade (E):
- Base damage decreased to 60/70/80/90/100 from 70/90/110/130/150
- 20% bonus AD ratio added.
Patch 7.2 Item Changes
Ardent Censer - changed
- Unique Passive's Attack speed and health drain now scale based on target's level.
- Attack speed scales from 20% up to 35%.
- Health drain scales from 20 up to 35.
Athene's Unholy Grail - buffed
- MR increased to 30 from 25
Chalice of Harmony - buffed
- MR increased to 30 from 25
Duskblade of Draktharr - buffed
- Nightstalker: next basic attack against enemy champion damage increased to 75 from 50.
Edge of Night - buffed
- Night's Veil cooldown decreased to 30 seconds from 45 seconds
Eye of the Equinox - changed
- Now has 10% CDR
- Combine cost increased to 650 from 550
Hextech Gunblade - nerfed
- Damage now scales with level - 175-250 from 250 flat.
Knight's Vow - buffed
- Combine cost decreased to 700 from 800
Mikael's Crucible - buffed
- MR increased to 40 from 35
Redemption - changed
- Health decreased to 300 from 400
- Mana regen increased to 125% from 75%
- Unique Active heal value rescaled to [40 + 25 per target level] from [130 + 20 per level]
Patch 7.2 Mastery Changes
Courage of the Colossus - nerfed
- Shield Value changed to [3-54 per nearby enemy champion] from [10-180].
- Shield duration decreased to 3 seconds from 4 seconds.
Patch 7.2 Summoner Spell changes
Ghost - changed
- Movement speed increase now 28-45%, but scaled up over two seconds rather than instant.
Patch 7.2 Lethality Changes
Some tweaks are coming in patch 7.2 to help make lethality a more reasonable statistic.
- Level 1 armour penetration ratio increased to 60% from 40%. It still scales up to 100% at level 18.
- Formula: Armor pen = Lethality * (0.6 + (enemy level / 45)).
Patch 7.2 Jungle changes
- Initial Jungle spawn is now at 1:40, from 1:37.
- Gromp and Krug spawn is now at 1:52, from 1:49
Gromp - buffed
- Attack damage increased to 70 from 45
- Attack damage decreases to 50 over first five attacks
- First two attacks show as crits
Ancient Krug - buffed
- Attack damage increased to 80 from 60
Honeyfruit - changed
- Initial spawn timer moved to 6:00-6:30 from 5:00-5:30
- Rift Scuttler will now eat nearby Honeyfruit
Patch 7.2 Revealed Indicator
The indicator for when your champion has been revealed has been changed. [email protected] provide this helpful comparison:
LoL Patch 7.2 Practice Tool
Assets for the practice tool, League of Legends' long-wanted and much-needed sandbox mode, are present in the patch 7.2 files. Here's what [email protected] say about the capabilities of the tool according to this version:
"According to strings in today's update, these options include things like increasing gold, setting XP/level, resetting cooldowns, spawning training dummies (like the one above)/drakes/jungle camps, toggling minions/turrets, stopping XP gain, unlimited hp/resources, and more."
In other words, just about everything you could possibly want to get some real testing done. It should be great for content creators, pro players and casuals alike. More info on the LoL sandbox in our dedicated post.
LoL Patch 7.2 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
Sewn Chaos Amumu
750 RP. Details from Riot.
Sewn Chaos Blitzkrank
750 RP. Details from Riot.
Here's their combined splash art. They're pretty unhappy:
2017 Blood Moon Event
Riot posted this image on social media:
Blood in the heavens. Blood on the earth. pic.twitter.com/wLHy7arksn— League of Legends (@LeagueOfLegends) January 20, 2017
This is probably a tease for the next cycle, patch 7.3. A ward skin has also been datamined, but there's no in-game pictures as of yet.
LoL Patch 7.2 Warwick Skin Update
All of Warwicks skins got a makeover with his champion update:
Big Bad Warwick
520 RP Legacy.
Tundra Hunter Warwick
LoL Patch 7.2 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They're always fairly excellent, and 7.2's is no different, focused on the Warwick redesign:
That's League of Legends patch 7.2. We'll update as and when we get more info, or we'll see you for patch 7.3 in the very near future. Let us know below if there's any vital info we missed!