League of Legends' next big content patch is 8.14, introducing a whole host of new skins. It does, however, look like things are quite quiet on the balance change front right now, so there are no tweaks to champions, items, or runes just yet. That should change soon though, as lead champion designer Meddler says a hotfix for the newly-reworked Aatrox should appear soon.
What we do have, however, is a grand total of seven new skins. As well as gemstone exclusive Hextech Poppy, adding to a generous roster of Hextech champions (although you can only access her through LoL's crafting system. There are also six skins celebrating Samsung Galaxy's victory at Worlds 2017, one for each player (including their sub). Particular highlights, in my opinion, are the Taliyah and Xayah skins, although I do particularly enjoy Mega Gnar scoffing noodles from out of the Summoner's Cup itself. Who needs chopsticks?
Want in? You'll need the best League of Legends champions.
Have a look below for all the information we've got, straight from the PBE.
LoL Patch 8.14 Release Date And Downtime
We don't know the exact release date for patch 8.14 yet, but patch 8.13 is a three-week patch, so expect 8.14 on Wednesday July 19. We'll update when Riot do, but keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates.
LoL Patch 8.14 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 8.14 Champion Changes
Aatrox - hotfixed
- The Darkin Blade (Q):
- Minion damage decreased to 50-100% from 65-100%.
- Umbral Dash (E):
- Passive healing increased to 20/21.25/22.5/23.75/25% from 15/16.25/17.5/18.75/20%.
- Dash range increased to 300 units from 250 units.
- Recharge time changed to 24/20/16/12/8 seconds from 20/18/16/14/12 seconds.
- Now resets your basic attack timer.
- World Ender (R):
- AD increased to 20/25/30% from 20% at all ranks.
- Total AD decreased to 20/22.5/25% from 20/25/30%.
Ahri - buffed
- Charm (E):
- Cost decreased to 70 mana from 85.
- Duration increased to 1.4/1.55/1.7/1.85/2 seconds from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
Cassiopeia - buffed
- Noxius Blast (Q):
- AP ratio increased to 80% from 70%.
- Total damage increased to 75/125/175/225/275 from 75/120/165/210/255.
Corki - buffed
- Gattling Gun (E):
- Total damage changed to 120/170/220/270/320 from 80/140/200/260/320.
- Total resistance reduction increased to 8/11/14/17/20 from 4/8/12/16/20.
Dr. Mundo - nerfed
- Health cost refund on cleaver hit decreased to 40% from 50%.
- Health refund on kill with cleaver decreased to 80% from 100%.
Elise - buffed
- HP per level increased to 93 from 85.
Fizz - changed
- Urchin Strike (Q):
- Seastone Trident (W) no longer applies to enemy units Fizz passes through during his dash.
- Seastone Trident (W):
- On-hit AP ratio increased to 30% from 25%.
- On-hit duration decreased to 5 seconds from 6 seconds.
- W passive marking targets for 6 seconds removed (bleed is retained).
- W active dealing triple damage when hitting a mark-primed target removed.
- New: If Seastone Trident doesn't kill its target, Fizz gains bonus on-hit damage for 6 seconds.
- 10/15/20/25/30 + 25% AP damage.
- Cooldown decreased to 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds from 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds.
- Mana refund increased to 20/28/36/44/52 from 20/28/36/42/50.
- Chum the Waters (R):
- Seastone Trident (W) no longer applies to the champion the fish attaches to or the targets hit by the shark.
Jinx - changed
- HP per level decreased to 84 from 88.
- Base HP increased to 581 from 531.
Karma - changed
- Base armor increased to 26 from 20.384.
- Base mana decreased to 350 from 374.
- Mana regen increased to 2.3 from 1.7.
- Mana regen growth decreased to 0.1 from 0.16.
- Inner Flame (Q):
- Mantra - soulflare detonation damage decreased to 35/140/245/350 from 50/150/250/350.
- Splash radius increased to 300 units from 250.
Nocturne - nerfed
- Base AD decreased to 62 from 65.
- Paranoia (R):
- AD ratio decreased to 120% from 150%.
Pantheon - buffed
- Attack speed increased to 0.696 from 0.644.
- Aegis of Zeonia (W):
- Damage increased to 60/85/110/135/160 from 50/75/100/125/150.
Rakan - nerfed
- Gleaming Quill (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds from 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds.
- The Quickness (R):
- Cooldown increased to 130/110/90 seconds.
Rek'Sai - buffed
- Queen's Wrath (Unburrowed Q):
- AD ratio increased to 50% from 40%.
- Prey Seeker (Burrowed Q):
- AD ratio increased to 50% from 40%.
- Void Rush (R):
- AD ratio increased to 200% from 185%.
Sejuani - nerfed
- Glacial Prison (R):
- Empowered storm stun decreased to 1.5 seconds from 2 seconds.
Shen - nerfed
- Twilight Assault (Q):
- Spirit Blade collision slow changed to 15/20/25/30/35% from 35% at all ranks.
Sion - buffed
- Decimating Smash (Q):
- Minimum damage increased to 30/50/70/90/110 from 30/48/65/83.100.
- Minimum damage AD ratio increased to 45/52.5/60/67.5/75% from 45/50/55/60/65%.
- Maximum damage increased to 90/150/210/270/330 from 90/143/195/248/300.
- Maximum damage AD ratio increased to 135/157.5/180/202.5/225% from 135/150/165/180/195%
Sivir - buffed
- Boomerang Blade (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 7 seconds at all ranks from 9 seconds at all ranks.
Swain - nerfed
- Demonic Ascension (R):
- Demonflare AP ratio decreased to 21% from 27%.
Talon - nerfed
- Rake (W):
- Return damage decreased to 70/85/100/115/130 from 70/95/120/145/170 seconds.
Taliyah - nerfed
- Threaded Volley (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 11/9/7/5/3 seconds from 9/7.5/6/4.5/3 seconds.
Tristana - buffed
- Rapid Fire (Q):
- Bonus attack speed changed to 50/65/80/95/110% from 30/50/70/80/110%.
- Explosive Charge (E):
- Mana cost decreased to 50/55/60/65/70 from 70/75/80/85/90.
Twitch - changed
- HP per level decreased to 84 from 87.
- Base HP increased to 582 from 542.
Varus - buffed
- Piercing Arrow (Q):
- Minimum damage AD ratio increased to 110% from 100%.
- Maximum damage AD ratio increased to 165% from 150%.
- Blighted Quiver (W):
- Bonus magic damage changed to 7/10.5/14/17.4/21 from 5/9/13/17/21.
- Magic damage per stack changed from 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% from 2/2.75/3.5/4.25/5%.
Vayne - buffed
- Silver Bolts (W):
- Bonus true damage increased to 4/6.5/9/11.5/14% opf a target's max health from 4/6/8/10/12%.
Vel'Koz - buffed
- Plasma Fission (Q):
- AP ratio increased to 80% from 60%.
Vi - buffed
- Assault and Battery (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 110/85/60 seconds from 130/100/70 seconds.
Viktor - buffed
- Gravity Field (W):
- Range increased to 800 units from 700 units.
Wukong - nerfed
- Nimbus Strike (E):
- Damage decreased to 65/100/135/170/205 from 65/110/155/200/245.
Zoe - nerfed
- Spell Thief (W):
- Total Magic damage changed to 75/105/135/165/195.
- AP ratio decreased to 55% from 65%.
Patch 8.14 Item Changes
Brawler's Gloves - buffed
- Cost decreased to 400 from 600.
Stormrazor - changed
- Recipe changed: B.F. Sword + Pickaxe + Dagger + Dagger + 425g (combine cost reduced, total cost unchanged).
- Bonus damage increased to 1% per 0.75% critical strike chance from 1% per 1.5% critical strike chance.
Zeal - changed
- Combine cost increased to 600 gold from 400
- Total cost unchanged
Patch 8.14 Rune Changes
Conqueror - nerfed
- AD decreased to 6-35 from 10-35.
Ghost Poro - changed
- Effect changed:
- Entering brush will swap your trinket for a Ghost Poro. The Ghost Poro can be placed at your feet and will provide vision for 300 seconds, or until you place a new one. While either you or your Ghost Poro is in enemy territory, gain 5-20 adaptive stats, based on level. If an enemy enters brush with a poro in it, they scare it away, putting Ghost Poro on a 60 second cooldown.
Zombie Ward - changed
- Effect changed:
- Each takedown of an enemy ward will cause a friendly Zombie Ward to sprout from its corpse. In addition, damaging an enemy champion after destroying a Ward takedown inflicts 30-90 bonus magic damage (based on level). Zombie Wards are visible, last for 120 seconds, and don't count towards your ward limit.
Patch 8.14 Summoner Spell changes
Teleport - nerfed
- Cooldown increased to 360 seconds from 300.
- Goes on a 240 second cooldown when cancelled.
LoL Patch 8.14 New Skins
We do, however, have plenty of cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
SSG Jarvan IV
The SSG skins have an excellent team splash - check it out below:
Hextech exclusive. Details from Riot.
Here's her splash:
LoL Patch 8.14 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They're always fairly excellent, though 8.14' s hasn't appeared yet - expect it in the next week or so. It will likely be based around the new SSG skins.
That's all the major changes in League of Legends patch 8.14 covered, but we'll see you again for patch 8.15 in a few weeks.