Overwatch patch 1.24 is taking shape on the PTR as we speak. So far, there's a minor bump to Ana and a gentle, almost probing nerf to Brigitte, who's been a disruptive must-pick since her introduction to the game. All good news so far, then, but nothing electrifying just yet. Read on for all the details.
What's the latest game state? See our Overwatch patch notes for version 1.23, which is now live.
Overwatch Patch 1.24 Release Date
There's no official release date for patch 1.24, but PTR cycles tend to last two to three weeks and to end on Tuesdays or Thursdays. The 15th or possibly the 22nd of May are reasonable bets.
Overwatch Patch 1.24 Hero updates
- No longer hits allies with full health.
- Magazine size increased to 14 from 10.
Developer comments: This "should help her maintain healing uptime and allow her to more carefully choose when to reload as opposed to just healing until the reload is forced upon you."
- Maximum armour per player reduced to 100 from 150.
Overwatch Patch 1.24 Game Browser, Custom Games
- Added Infinite Ultimate Duration and Scalable Ultimate Duration options for Moira’s Coalescence.
- Ana can now Nano Boost herself.
Overwatch Patch 1.24 Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that prevented the 'If found return to Road' text from displaying on Junkrat’s bracelet when his Beachrat skin was equipped.
- Fixed a bug that prevented training bots from returning to their original position and behavior after being hit with an ability (e.g. Lúcio's Soundwave).
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to use the wrong route when tracking down the player if their target jumped off a ledge.
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck on the siege tank in the StarCraft area of Blizzard World.
Game Browser and Custom Game
- Fixed a bug that caused custom game invites to persist on the invitee's screen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Bastion's 'Zwing Zwing Zwing' voice line from playing if the Null Sector skin was equipped.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji's melee attack from making sound effects.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji's golden weapon variant from displaying its golden sheen when some skins were equipped.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Junkrat's RIP-Tire to be immune to the freeze effects of Mei's Endothermic Blaster.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Lúcio to move around while caught in Junkrat's Steel Trap.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Lúcio to travel straight up using Wall Ride.
- Fixed a bug that prevented crowd control abilities from affecting Resurrect (e.g. McCree's Flashbang).
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira's flask from displaying in her Erlenmeyer victory pose when an Overwatch League skin was equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused Reaper's Hellfire Shotguns to float when previewing his Dance emote in Hero Gallery.
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to not focus correctly when viewing Roadhog's Mug Shot victory pose.
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog's Chain Hook to float during his Footsteps highlight intro.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the laser sight from Sombra's Machine Pistol golden variant from tapering at its end if her Talon skin equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused Widowaker's HUD to disappear if she used Widow's Kiss while looking through the scope.
- Fixed a bug that caused the logos on Symmetra's Overwatch League skins to appear faded when viewed in the Hero Gallery.
- Fixed a bug that caused the logos on Torbjörn's Overwatch League skins to appear faded when viewed in the Hero Gallery.
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck walking into the side of the Rikimaru Ramen Shop on Hanamura.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to place turrets in unintended locations on Horizon Lunar Colony.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations in Horizon Lunar Colony.
- Fixed a bug that caused the pig head on the bike to float after the bike had been destroyed in Junkertown.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to place turrets and Symmetra's Teleporter in unintended locations in Junkertown.
We'll update this post as and when more changes are uploaded to the PTR, or when the patch is released to the live game.