Grinding Gear Games have announced a new one-month league event for their hack n’ slash RPG, Path of Exile. The league will be available in hardcore and non-hardcore variants, and will cycle through all of the past league properties every four days. Prizes will also be awarded to players who reach the highest levels, and include the likes of in-game cosmetic items and t-shirts.
The event starts today, and will last until noon (NZ time) on August 9th. It’ll be unique not only because of its insane length, but also because it will combine past event properties to make the game even more increasingly dangerous:
- Anarchy: Rogue Exiles spawn at a substantially increased rate - quite a lot more than they do in the core game. Still less than one per area on average though!
- Onslaught: 20% increased monster movement, attack and cast speed.
- Nemesis: Every rare monster will have a Nemesis mod. Inner Treasure will occur at a much higher rate than it ever has before.
- Ambush: Exactly like the recent Ambush league, craftable Strongboxes will spawn.
- Invasion: A powerful Invader will spawn in each area. There is a greater variety of guest monsters when this property is in place.
- Domination: Shrines are already present in the core game and we feel that ramping up their rate to create a sixth property isn't really necessary.
Every four days a new combination will be set. While they do increase the difficulty, they will also increase the potential rewards. He who dares, wins.
If you enjoy playing games with friends, check out our ten best co-op PC games for more.
All the leagues Grinding Gear Games creates comes with prizes, and this one is no different. Depending on what level your noble Exile reaches, you can expect to have a chance at recieving one of the following:
- Level 30: 20x Elite Armour Set
- Level 40: 20x Seraph Armour Set
- Level 50: 10x Verdant Armour Set
- Level 60: 10x Arcane Armour Set
- Level 70: 5x Choice of J!NX Shirt (either the Rhoa shirt or the Seven Classes shirt)
- Level 80: 5x Pair of J!NX Shirts (both the Rhoa and the Seven Classes shirts)
I think I’ll be giving it a shot. Will you?