Do you like PUBG as it is right now, or would you prefer a bit more screen clutter? That’s the question PlayerUnknown is asking his community today.
Dive into a massive inventory screen in our list of survival games.
The question is about whether or not you like the game as it is - where you have to go into the inventory to see what grenades, medkits, and other consumables you have - or if you’d prefer that info more readily available.
Developers Bluehole want you to vote on which option you prefer, though the data is being used for feedback and it's not a popularity contest. Still, if this is something you feel strongly about, make your voice heard.
Here are the two options:
- A. Without having to open the inventory, players should be able to check the availability and quantity of consumable items and grenades through the in-game UI.
- As a competitive shooter, the player must have all information readily available to facilitate fast decision-making and focus on tactics and combat
- Opening the inventory screen greatly reduces the player's situational awareness and hinders their ability to concentrate on the competition
- The availability of this information allows low-level players to perform at a higher standard and provides greater accessibility to new players
- B. As it is now, players must choose when to open their inventory or preemptively memorise their own status.
- As a realistic battle royale, too much information can detract from the immersive experience
- Understanding the risks of checking your inventory during certain situations is part of the battle royale experience
- The ability to make quick decisions based on the player's understanding of their current status, without relying on the UI, is one of many important skills in battle royale
- A minimal UI in the game improves immersion, which in turn provides more enjoyable and intense moments
To vote, head to the Steam post and complete the poll. Let us know how you feel in the comments. I'm all for option B, myself.