Paradox Interactive and Eugen Systems have announced the release date for Steel Division: Normandy 44, an RTS so focused on the details that the even the map is created from aerial scans of Normandy. Steel Division will rumble through the fields on May 23, so it’s just over a month until you can command your authentically-recreated forces.
War. What is it good for? Making up our list of the best war games, for one thing.
If you like the look of the new trailer above, you can even pre-order the game from today, for $39.99. If you decide to commit now, you get access to some exclusive in-game content, as well as immediate access to the beta. The beta will roll from now until launch, so you’ll be ready to crush your enemies once the game releases.
There’s also a Deluxe Edition if you’re feeling flush. That’ll set you back $59.99 and will include the following:
- A Digital Art Book offering a look at the art and creation behind the game
- The Tactical Guide and Battle Log featuring tactics, terrain tips, and major maps of the game
- Six Additional In-game Historical Aces to add cosmetic variety to your divisions.
- Deluxe Avatar and Icon for the Paradox Forums
- Unique Ringtones and Text Message Alert Sounds for your mobile devices
- Desktop Wallpapers from the Steel Division art team
- Custom Streaming Overlays designed for content creators on Twitch and YouTube